Minecraft is developed by Manjong in 2011 is a popular sandbox game. Many people enjoy playing it and have a huge fan base. The game is quite famous and renowned since it stimulates creativity and cognizance. The base version of the game is not free but the classic version is available free of cost. The game is pretty child friendly too so It is enjoyed by all age groups equally. It is quite popular among the gaming community and recently the complaint and error of “io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception: Connection refused: no further information” is cropping up in the servers among the players. So here we will discuss how to solve this error or fix it with our hacks.
What Causes io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception: Connection Refused Message Error?
After many reports from the online gaming community, some of the possible reasons for the display of the error io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection refused can be –
- IP issues
- Firewall problems
- Software incompatibility
- Java code outdating
These are some plausible explanations leading to the coming up of this error time and time again. It is very much possible that due to the problem of the wrong IP address from the server to the client resulting in the cropping up of this error. One may need to change their IP from time to time for removal of such problems because the excessive load on the server can lead to the assignment of the same IP to different playing users resulting in such fallacies such as io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection refused.
It is also maybe due to the windows firewall interrupting the proper functioning of Java code of the game and the server, so one may need to make its exceptions in the list of windows firewall that is exclude gaming directory and the java code for Minecraft to run properly without relapsing into displaying io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception.
Java Code Outdating
Given your Java is outdated it is possible that your game is not working and you have displayed the error message of io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception. One needs a properly updated Java code all times for optimum Minecraft gaming experience. Some type of complacency occurs between the java code and game launcher as the versions are not complementary causing this error to appear.
Minecraft has a list of software with which it is not compatible, so if your computer or device which you are using to connect with the server for playing Minecraft has that software in it – you can be displayed with the error message of io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception. So the removal of the software will be required to enjoy playing Minecraft.
So now we know the basic reasons which Are leading to the problem of the error message of io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception popping up in the screen of payers when trying to connect to the server for playing Minecraft on their devices.
How To Fix The Minecraft io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException Error?
Here are some fixes which can help you out.
Resetting the Internet
Whenever you reset the internet your IP address changes unless you are using a static IP address. This is a solution or hacks if you have a problem with the IP address resulting in the display of the error message in the game Minecraft.
Follow the steps below which will reinitialize the internet settings and dons cache by totally power recycling the internet router.
- Disconnect the power router.
- Wait for 5 to 6 minutes and then reconnect.
- After you get internet access to try and see whether the problem persists.
- If the problem is solved then you can now enjoy playing Minecraft, otherwise, follow up the other steps mentioned below to solve the problem of error message io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception displaying when you try to launch Minecraft.
Additional Exceptions in the Firewall
Your windows firewall can be blocking the connection or server, therefore you may need to make exceptions in the firewall for some folders of Minecraft which require internet access to function properly and let you the game peacefully.
Follow the steps mentioned below to try this hack which can solve your issue of io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception displayed when trying to play Minecraft.
- Click on the start menu on your screen.
- Select the Settings icon from the menu list.
- In the Settings, click on the “Updates & Security” option from the displayed options.
- Select the “Windows Security” from the left pane and select the “Firewall & Network Protection” option scalable from the pop-up screen.
- Try to find and select the “Allow an App through Firewall” option scalable there.
- Click on “Change Settings” and select “Yes” on the warning prompt which pops up on the screen.
- Select the “Allow another app” from the options and click on “Browse“ present there to find the folders which need to be excepted for.
- Navigate to the game installation directory and select the game and the launcher executable there.
- Now repeat the above process again and this time navigate to the directory where you have the Minecraft servers installed, to.compete the process.
- Now open the “Maxwell” folder and then the “MinecraftServer” folder on your device.
- Now allow both the Java executables located inside the folder in the same way as you did for the above files and folders.
- Now repeat the process again and instead of clicking “Allow another app” after selecting the “change” option, try to look for the list of apps available.
- Allow all the “Java Platform SE Binary” options through both the “Private” and “Public” networks.
- Open the Minecraft launcher, try to connect to the server, and check to see if the issue persists. If you still see the message io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexceptiondisplayed then follow the next step to get a fix for this error message.
Do you enjoy Minecraft? If yes, then do you know how to kill all mobs in Minecraft with commands, if don’t see all the commands that you can use to kill the mobs
Adding the IP Address and Port.
This solution is to deal with the problem of IP addresses changing and interference in the connection of the device with the gaming server leading to the problem – display of error message io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception when trying to log and launch Minecraft to play.
Given you don’t have a static IP address we will check the IP address and the correct port for the game and add it to the Minecraft Launcher which will probably solve the problem of this message displaying.
Follow the steps mentioned below to see whether this method or hack works or not –
- Click on the search bar on the Windows toolbar.
- Type in “Command Prompt“.
- Now right–click on the icon of the command prompt and select “Run as Administrator“.
- Navigate to the “Minecraft Servers folder and find Maxwell (some random numbers) folder and look for “MinecraftServer”.
- Then open the “Server Properties” text document from there.
- Note down the “Server Port” mentioned there, for eg a number like “25765”.
- Now go and open up Minecraft and navigate to the “Play Multiplayer” option present there.
- Select the server which you want to join by clicking on it.
- Now select “Edit” from the below options.
- The server name can be according to your preference but the “Address” needs to be the IPV4 address that we noted and the port number for example “XXX.XXX.X.X:25765” the “25765” is the port number and it may vary.
- Now click on done.
- Then refresh and see whether the issue still persists or not.
If you still continue to see the message then try to follow the next fix mentioned below to get rid of the error message io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception when displayed if trying to play Minecraft.
Some Other Ways to Fix io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception
- You can try factory resetting your internet routers to fix the issue of io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception being displayed. To factory reset a router, press and hold its reset button down for 10-30 seconds. You may need a paper clip for the same but beware that doing this can delete all your custom settings in the router.
- You can try turning off the windows defender firewall so that the connection to the game server is somehow not blocked. You can find the option of turning on and off the windows defender from the windows control panel. You can change the settings and press ok and see whether the issue of io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception message display still exists.
- Another thing you can try is installing the Minecraft program which will refresh all functions. Trying this hack can help to remove the io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception message display when trying to play.
The software should I look out for when the Incompatibility issue occurs?
Minecraft website has many listed software sectioned which can interfere with the connection of the server when trying to launch the game on your device. So you will need to install them and check the updated list frequently to keep track of stuff. Some of them are AFV antivirus, Bit defender, ByteFence, Norton Antivirus, Discord, Hola unblocker, almost all paid VPNs, and free VPNs. You can look up the list from the link here.
Is it possible that I’m accidentally filtering ports leading to the display of the message io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception?
It is possible that you may be doing it and unintentionally nullifying the entire process and that is leading to them not being able to connect with the Minecraft server. You can check for your router’s and your local machine’s network configurations to make sure that port filtering isn’t turned make. And if it is turned on then is it still filtering the correct ports or not. You can look up for more details on the internet.
Can my ISP be somehow Linked with the Display of the Error Message?
ISPs sometimes block network access to specific domains and don’t allow you to go through so you can contact your ISP and see whether your internet is blocked or not. You can check this by simply connecting your smartphone’s internet and see whether the error message io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception is displayed or not. If there is no problem then your ISP is probably restricting your internet.
What Type of Game actually is Minecraft?
Minecraft is among the most popular game in the world. The game can be played in both single and multiplayer modes, so the fun is even greater. The purpose of the game is to gather enough resources and survive long enough until you will be able to reach the end boss: the Ender Dragon.
What is this io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error actually is?
This is the generic error message when trying to connect to a server that isn’t available from your end, or it’s actually no server at this. It is a technical issue that commonly crops up nothing which only you are facing.
Where and which Services can One use to Play Minecraft?
here is the list-
- Java Edition – Windows, macOS, and Linux PC
- Minecraft for Windows 10 (Bedrock ) – Windows 10 PC, Oculus Rift, and Windows Mixed Reality
- Minecraft for Mobile Devices (Bedrock) – Apple, Android, Amazon, and Windows Phones/Tablets, Amazon Fire TV & Gear VR
- Minecraft for Xbox One (Bedrock) – Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X
- Minecraft for Nintendo Switch (Bedrock) – Nintendo Switch
- Legacy Minecraft: Xbox One Edition – Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X
- Legacy Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition – Xbox 360
- Minecraft: PS4 Edition – Playstation 4
- Minecraft: PS3 Edition – Playstation 3
- Minecraft: Playstation Vita Edition – Playstation Vita
- Minecraft: Wii U Edition – Nintendo Wii U
- Legacy Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition – Nintendo Switch
- Minecraft: New Nintendo 3DS Edition – New Nintendo 3DS
- Minecraft: China Version – Windows, Android, and Apple Devices
- Minecraft: Education Edition – Windows 10 and macOS
- Minecraft: PI Edition – Raspberry PI
Minecraft is considered the single best selling game of all time with a record of more than 176 million copies sold. It is estimated that there are around 112 million active monthly players in Minecraft. Though the game has solid programming code and proper support and severs connectivity here and their errors and problems crop and one such is detected in the latest installment that is the Minecraft io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException error issue. So hopefully our article above was of your use and our fixes solved the majority of your problems.
If you follow the steps mentioned and tweak and little you may just solve the error and enjoy playing Minecraft.