Razer Synapse is software that is used to control and customize the settings of your Razer peripherals. Using Razer Synapse you can customize and change the settings of your Razer mouse, Razer mousepad, Razer keyboard, and Razer headphones. Razer Synapse allows you to easily change the binding controls of your mouse buttons. In addition to that, you can also change the RGB pattern of your mouse and keyboard. It is an all-in-one software for all your Razer peripherals customization needs.
Recently, Razer Synapse users are facing a weird issue on their computers. Due to some reason, Razer Synapse is not opening on their computer systems. If you have been facing the same issue, don’t worry. In this article, we have listed the 6 best solutions to fix the Razer Synapse Failed to Start issue. Soon after getting reports about this weird issue, our team started to research the causes and solutions for this issue. After thorough research, our team came up with 6 fool-proof solutions to resolve this issue.
Users have also reported similar issues such as Razer Synapse 3 Failed to Start, and Razer Synapse Won’t Open. By following the solutions mentioned below you’ll get rid of all these issues once and for all.
6 Solutions to Fix Razer Synapse Not Opening
Razer Synapse may not be functioning properly on your computer system due to a number of external and internal factions. It is highly recommended that you go through the solutions one by one in a systematic manner. This will help you pinpoint the exact issue. Without any further ado, let us check out the first solution!
#1. Close Razer Synapse Processes
According to reports we know for sure that Razer Synapse does run on user’s computer systems. However, users are not able to see the control panel of the software. To solve this issue, many users have reported that closing the Razer Synapse from Task Manager fixes the issue. Let us check out how to do that:
- Hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously on your keyboard to launch the Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager from the menu.
- Switch to the Processes tab. Look for Razer Synapse processes in the list.
- Right-click on any Razer processes and select the End Task option.
- Close Task Manager and re-launch Razer Synapse.
#2. Launch Razer Synapse with Admin Privileges
A lot of Windows OS users have misconfigured user privileges settings. Due to this, a lot of software applications are not able to run and function properly on their computer systems. Let’s check out how we can quickly fix this:
- On your Desktop search for Razer Synapse Icon.
- Right-click on it and select Run as administrator
- A User Account Control window will pop-up. Click on Yes to launch Razer Synapse with admin privileges.
Now that you have enabled sufficient privileges to the software it should function properly. Using this solution, the Razer Synapse is not an opening issue that can be resolved once and for all!
#3. Perform a Clean Install of Razer Device Drivers
Razer Device drivers can get corrupted due to malware/viruses affecting your computer. Deleted and missing driver files can also lead to the Razer Synapse Failed to Start issue. Follow the steps given below to ensure that you have the correct drivers installed for your Razer devices:
- Search for Device Manager in the Windows Search Box.
- Click on the Keyboards, Mice and other pointing devices, Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
- Select all Razer devices and right-click on them. Select the Uninstall option from the menu.
- On the Uninstall Device popup, check the Delete the driver software for this device option.
- Click the Uninstall button to start the uninstallation process.
- Unplug all Razer Devices from your computer system.
- Restart your computer and re-plug Razer devices into your computer system.
- Windows will automatically detect and reinstall drivers for these devices.
As soon as Windows finishes installing drivers for the devices, you should be able to run Razer Synapse 3 on your computer without any issues. If this fix didn’t work for you, take a look at the next one.
#4. Add Razer Synapse To Windows Firewall/AntiVirus
According to multiple reports from users, third-party AntiVirus software is the main cause for Razer Synapse 3 freezing and other issues. This can be easily fixed by disabling the AntiVirus software for a limited period of time. Simply right-click on the AntiVirus icon in the tray icon area and select the Disable Antivirus option.
Windows Defender Firewall also causes freezing issues and leads to the Razer Synapse 3 Failed to Start issue. The easiest way to resolve this is by disabling Windows Defender Firewall for a limited period of time. Let’s check out the steps to exactly do that:
- Search for Windows Defender Firewall in the Windows search box.
- Click on the first result to launch the Windows Defender Firewall control panel.
- In the sidebar menu, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Click on Turn off Windows Defender Firewall radio buttons under Private network settings and Public network settings respectively. Click on OK button to save these changes.
The Windows Defender Firewall is an important application that safeguards your computer from unauthorized access and outbound connections. Thus, it is highly recommended that you revert these settings after finishing your customization work in Razer Synapse.
#5. Re-Install Razer Synapse
Razer Synapse won’t open issue might be occurring due to deleted or missing Razer Synapse files from your computer. The files may have been corrupted as well. In this case, it is highly recommended that you re-install Razer Synapse to resolve this error.
- Go to Settings and navigate to the Apps setting.
- Under Apps & features search for Razer Synapse in the search box.
- Click on Razer Synapse, then click on Uninstall to remove the software completely from your system.
- Go to the Official Razer Synapse 3 webpage and download the latest version of Razer Synapse 3.
- Double-click on the downloaded setup file to start the installation process.
After completing the installation process, run Razer Synapse to check if it is working properly. The Razer Synapse is not opening issue should be fixed followed by a fresh installation.
#6. Install Latest Microsoft .NET Framework
Razer Synapse requires additional software components to function properly on Windows OS. Microsoft .net framework is one such component. Microsoft .NET framework comes pre-installed with Windows, however, it doesn’t get updated automatically. If you are running an old version of .NET framework, you are bound to run into Razer Synapse is not an opening error.
To resolve this issue you’ll need to download and install the latest .NET framework on your computer. Here’s how you can do that quickly:
- Go to the Official Microsoft website and download the 4.7.2 Runtime.
- Click on the downloaded file to launch the setup. Complete the installation process and close the setup.
- Launch Razer Synapse and if the issue is resolved.
In this article, we have provided 6 working solutions to resolve the Razer synapse is not opening and Razer Synapse 3 Failed to Start issue. We are confident that these solutions will help you resolve issues that have been bothering you for a while. Let us know about your experience in the comments below!