Discord is one of the hottest audio and video chatting platform for Windows, iOS, and Android right now. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Discord has gained millions of new users. Using Discord, you can securely chat via audio and video calling. Not only that, but you can also join servers on Discord which are communities where you’ll find like-minded people. Discord was launched specifically for gamers. However, since its inception Discord is now being used by people from different professions and careers.
Discord is preferred by various people because it can be customized to a specific user’s need. Discord users can easily modify their Discord app to showcase new themes. The customizations and tweaks allow Discord to even run smoothly on low-end computer systems. In the age of PC master race where every piece of software consumes heavy-resources, Discord stands out thanks to its customizations.
What is BetterDiscord?
BetterDiscord is a heavily modded version of the original Discord application. BetterDiscord is the next evolution of Discord. It allows you to install custom plugins to manage your servers and automate messaging. You can easily customize your BetterDiscord interface with elegant and appealing themes. Apart from that, you can also use your own custom CSS to customize the interface. BetterDiscord is a whole lot better than the original Discord app as the original app does not allow you to customize it according to your needs. The original Discord app also lacks plugin support, thus reducing its functionality.
Such a great piece of software eventually had to be taken down since the developers stopped working on it. The developers have been working on a new Discord mod which is Bandaged Better Discord. Since the application has not been updated for over 3 years now, the program is full of bugs and unsupported features. Removing Better Discord from a computer is quite tricky since it does not show up in the list of installed software. In this article, we’ll be showing you how to uninstall BetterDiscord from your PC.
BetterDiscord is an extended modded version of Discord. It comes with all features of Discord as well as some extra modifications which can use to enhance your user experience.
BetterDiscord is used to:
- Manage Multiple Servers on Discord
- Moderate Multiple channels with the use of plugins
- Enhance user-experience in servers by adding entertainment plugins
- Securely chat and place VoIP calls over the internet
Features of BetterDiscord
BetterDiscord was the first Discord mod to come out with exclusive features. Some of the features are:
- Manage Discord app with custom CSS
- Customize your Discord with popular themes
- Integrate plugins in your servers to automate moderation
- Multiple Display Modes
- 20,000+ FrankerFaceZ Emotes
- 8,000+ BetterTTV Emotes
How to Uninstall BetterDiscord
Uninstalling Better Discord is slightly tricky because it does not show up in the list of installed software. This makes it quite hard for people to remove it from their computer systems. To solve this issue, we have found and tested the below-mentioned methods. Using the methods given below, you will be able to remove BetterDiscord from your computer completely.
Method #1: Deleting Better Discord Data
Since we know that it is impossible to delete BetterDiscord via the conventional way, we have to get technical and remove the files from our system. To do that:
- Hit the Windows + R Key simultaneously to launch the Run dialog box.
- Enter %AppData% in the box and click OK.
- In the new windows, search for the Better Discord folder.
- Right-click on it and select the Delete option.
- Once again, launch the Run dialog box.
- Enter %localappdata% in the box and click OK.
- Search for the Discord folder and all files related to it.
- Right-click on it and click on Delete from the drop-down menu.
After you have finished deleting all the files, try launching Discord. The BetterDiscord mod should be removed from your computer. If it still exists, worry not. The second method will completely remove it from your system.
Method #2: Re-installing Discord
Few users have reported that deleting the Better Discord system files did not completely remove it from the computer. So to ensure that we fully remove it from our system, we have to perform a clean installation of Discord.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Go to Settings -> Apps
- Under the Apps & Features tab search for Discord in the list of installed software.
- Right-click on it and click on Uninstall.
- Once the uninstall process is completed, head over to Discord’s official site and download Discord Setup.
- Run the Setup file to install Discord on your computer.
A clean installation of Discord will remove all previous mods and addons from your computer. You will have a fresh installation of the latest Discord application.
BetterDiscord was a great discord mod. Due to a lack of attention from its developers, the project died a long time ago. There are better Discord mods available currently. Instead of running an outdated mod, you can try out the latest mods which support Discord’s latest features.
If you have any queries or doubts regarding Discord, feel free to let us know in the comments below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.